Java Fundamentals for Android™ Development
Developing applications for Android™ systems requires basic knowledge of Java programming language. This is a two-day (12-hours) introductory course that focuses on the fundamentals of Java programming language, its framework, syntax, and paradigm.
The course will focus on object-oriented programming and techniques which are mainly used in Android software development kit (SDK). It will provide the basic tools and skills to ensure a smooth start with Android application development.
This is a crucial course for any non-Java programmer planning to learn the development of Android applications, though it is not mapped to any exam
- Understand basic mechanisms of the OOP paradigm: classes, interfaces, inheritance, polymorphism, etc.
- Develop programs with conditionals and loops
- Design and implement recursive algorithms
- Writing, compiling, and running basic Java applications
- Introduction to Android: Installation and setup of Android SDK and Android emulator
- Install Android Studio.
- Writing a Java Program.
- Run a Java Program.
- Write a Java Comment.
- Understand Java Variables and Their Data Types.
- Acquiring Good Knowledge of Java Control Flow Statements.
- Understanding The Java Methods and Arrays.
- Understanding the Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts and Java Class.
This course is designed for software developers or anyone interested in building Android applications. However, computer programming experience in any language is a required prerequisite in order to benefit from this course.
Lesson 1: First Step in Java
The History of Java
How Java Programs work?
Install Java JDK and JRE
Why did Google choose Java over other programming languages?
Android OS Structure
Install Android Studio
Lesson 2: Create and Run Java Projects
Creating an Android Project (Java Project) Using Android Studio
Writing a Java Program
Running a Java Program
Write a Comment
Java Variables and Their Data Type
Lesson 3: Control Flow Statements
IF – Else Statement
If…Else and Else…If… Statement
If Else and Logical Operators
The Break Statement
The Continue Statement
Lesson 4: Methods and Arrays
Call Method by Value
Call Method by Reference
Enter Data to Java Program
Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) Concepts