Android Application Developer
This is a five-day (40-hours) course that provides the required knowledge and skills for Android Development and build a complete Android™ application. It delivers an extensive training on the main Android SDK components and its interactions. The course is updated to include topics compatible with all Android versions up to Android 8 and the source code updated to API 27. Moreover, this course book uses Kotlin programming language instead of Java. Kotlin is a safe and concise programming language that promotes faster development of high quality Android apps.
The new course consists of 11 lessons; the first 3 focus on Kotlin fundamentals for candidates who do not have enough programming background or already have Java background only. The other 8 lessons focus on how to create Android applications from the beginner to the advanced level. The new features of the course include: more practical exercises and labs, easy to understand lessons, and is supported with graphics whenever possible. This course is adequate to provide trainees with the required knowledge and practical skills to be Android application developers. It has a duration of 40 hours and no prerequisites. This course is mapped for AND-801 exam.
- Learn the essentials of the Kotlin Programming Language and all Kotlin topics related Android applications development. Design and build a complete Android application.
- Debug and maintain Android applications using different tools and plugins.
- Thoroughly understand the life-cycle of an Android application and its main components.
- Use external resources, manifest files, intents and adapters.
- Understand and use all Android persistent storage techniques: Preferences, files, databases, and content providers.
- Use Android’s background processing techniques.
- Build location-aware applications using GPS as a location provider and Google Maps.
- Beginner Android students that want to learn how to program for the Android Mobile platform
This course consists of 10 lessons; the first 3 focus on Kotlin fundamentals for candidates who do not have enough programming background or already have Java background only ; therefore, no prerequisites for this course.