Effective Communication Skills
In business, productivity is directly related to the effectiveness of communication that happens in the workplace. Therefore, good communication skills are essential.
Effective business communication skills have to be developed, honed and added to on an on-going basis. They are the heart of your interpersonal skills and the greater your awareness of how it all works, the more effective your communication will be. This training is designed to create an interactive experiential learning environment to equip with all the skills.
The training methodologies consist of individual and syndicate activities, group discussion, interactive games, role-play, case studies, self-analysis questionnaires etc.
- Enable participants to communicate clearly and with impact, by improving their verbal and non-verbal communication style, as well as enhancing interpersonal skills.
- To designed to create an interactive experiential learning environment.
- To consists of individual and syndicate activities, group discussion, interactive games, role-play, case studies, individual and group tasks, exercises, puzzles, quiz, paired discussions, self-analysis questionnaires, observing activities, presentations, experiential learning games, audio video-based discussion, icebreakers, energizers, action planning etc.
- To help assimilate the tools and techniques learned, there is a mixture of individual and group exercises throughout the training. Whole batch and small team discussions, along with a case study and role play help reinforce concepts learned.
- All those who want to improve their business communication skills.
- For individuals who wish to develop their interpersonal skills and build rapport with others in the workplace.
- This training will cover effective business communication strategies to enhance understanding and verbal communication with others.
- The training is also helpful to those providing or selling a service to others, as well as people responsible for managing communication across teams and the organisation.
- Individual and Syndicate Activities
- Role-Plays Exercises – Demo Best Practices – Demonstrate the identified behaviours and concepts through role-plays exercises
- Paired Discussions Exercise
- Icebreakers – to let participants open to each other
- Energizers – Connected to the main topics / sub topics
- Group Discussion
- Interactive Games
- Case Studies
- Self-Analysis Questionnaires
- Observing Activities
- Participants Presentations
- Experiential Learning Games
- Audio Video-Based Discussion
- Action Planning
Identify ways to enhance effective business communication skills
- Understand Albert Mehrabian theory of communication – choice of words, vocal tone and body language
- Learn to use and read body language appropriately
- Explain why effective questioning is important
Develop effective questioning skills
- Learn probing techniques to gather information using open and closed questions, Question effectively using the funnel technique
- Make preparations for questions that focus on the objective they are trying to achieve
- Use appropriate questions and techniques to encourage the speaker to supply the information they need
- Learn to use appreciative inquiry as a communication tool
Know the techniques to check and build understanding
- Clarifying, paraphrasing, summarizing etc.
- Identify barriers to avoid communication breakdown – Confirm understanding with effective two-way communication
- Know different levels of listening and learn how to listen more actively and effectively – verbal signs and non-verbal signs of active listening
- Understand aggressive, indirect aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour
- Explore strategies to enhancing assertiveness
- Understand the methods of communicating effectively with different organizational stakeholders – Learn to recognise other people’s personality types and communication preferences
- Self-assessment profile on behaviours and communication styles and creating strategies for interacting with others with different styles (driver, analytical, amiable and expressive)
- Identifying and adjusting your communication style – learn how to adapt to others
- Understand importance of proactive communication and what steps you must take to be proactive
- Preparing an Action Plan – Preparing yourself to communicate more effectively – how will you communicate more effectively and create greater impact in the future.