Advanced DevOps Training
Cloud & DevOps
Adopting DevOps best practices enable organizations to deploy 200 times faster than organizations that take a more traditional approach.
The marriage between Development and Operations, DevOps combines the philosophies, practices, and tools that support automation and monitoring at all the stages of software development.
Advanced DevOps takes a deep dive into the key concepts of DevOps, and is aimed at meeting the demands of an ever-changing, transformational business landscape with its tools and processes.All over the world, professionals skilled in Advanced DevOps are highly sought after due to their proven ability to deliver applications and services in an agile way. Professionals empowered with advanced DevOps Strategies Bridge the gap between development and operations by leveraging best practices and principles to optimal outcomes.
- How to design with AWS scalability and high availability in mind.
- The importance of high availability architecture and auto-scaling, and where these strategies are better than the traditional architecture.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA) of Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3).
- Docker Clustering using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Introduction to the Kubernetes Ecosystem.
- Kubernetes Architecture, Networking and Services, and User Tools.
- AWS Cloud Infrastructure as a code.
- AWS Lambda, its functions, triggers, and API gateway.
- Open-source tools for end-to-end CI/CD pipeline automation.
- Application or Service Developers
- Process/Project/Test Managers
- Test Engineers
- Product Owners
- IT Service Managers
- IT Practitioners
A year of experience in any programming language, along with a basic understanding of Linux, as well as basic networking concepts, makes a candidate qualified for this course. If you have a thorough knowledge of the basics of DevOps, that’s an added advantage.
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Why Cloud Computing?
- Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud
- Service Models (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
Introduction to AWS
- Elastic computing
- Introduction to the AWS products
- Regions and Availability Zones
- Signing up for AWS.
- AWS Free usage tier
- Introduction AWS management console
- Take a digital tour of an AWS Data Center
EC2 Compute Service
- EC2 Introduction
- Spinning Windows/Linux servers in EC2
- Connecting to Instances using RDP, MobaXTerm, Putty
- EC2 Vertical Scaling Overview and Scale UP and Scale Down Servers
- Security Group Basics and Implementing Security for Real-Time Environments.
- Understanding Block Level Storage using EBS
- Configuring SSD/HDD/Magnetic Storage for Windows and Linux Servers
- Implementing Scaling for EBS Storage.
- Configuring VOLUME-SNAPSHOT-VOLUME Process
- Automating Backups for Instances using Snapshots
- Understanding AMI and its Features
- Creating AMI for Windows/Linux Servers.
- Configuring INSTANCE-AMI-INSTANCE Lifecycle
- Real-time use case for Bootstrapping for EC2 Instances
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Introduction to VPC
- IPv4 Addressing Scheme
- Public and Private IP’s
- Understanding Subnetting
- Elastic IP’s
- Basic VPC configuration
- Implementing Private/Public subnets in VPC
- VPC security
- Inbound and outbound ACL’s
- Deep Dive in to VPC core concepts (Route Tables, Subnets, Internet Gateway)
- Building Custom VPC Network Topology for Real Time Environments
- Implementing NAT (Network Address Translation) in VPC
ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- Introduction to ELB
- Implementing HA using Load Balancer for Websites
- Understanding ELB Load Distribution using Round Robin Algorithm
- Understanding Health Checks
- Configuring Advanced VPC and Cross-Zone Load Balancing
- Adding and removing instances on ELB
Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Introduction to SNS.
- Creating topics and Evaluating ARNs.
- Subscribing using Various Protocols.
- Publishing Notifications using SNS.
- Integrating SNS Topics with CloudWatch and Autoscaling Services.
- Introduction of AWS Monitoring
- Understanding Virtualization
- Making a Status Check Failed Incident manually
- CloudWatch Basic and Detailed Monitoring and Its Features
- Implementing Real-Time monitoring by Integrating with SNS.
- Understanding CloudWatch Logs and Metrics
- Creating Alarms and its Actions
- Configuring Dashboards for Organization Architectures
Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Introduction to Relational Databases
- Creating Relational Databases in RDS.
- Connecting to RDS Database Instances using SQLYog
- Installing a WordPress APP using RDS Database
- Automating Backups and Patching for Various Database Engines
- Creating Redundant and Fault Tolerant Databases
- Implementing Read Replicas for Read Heaven databases
- RDS Resilient Architecture using Point-in-Time Recovery
- Configuring Event Notifications for Database Instances
- Understanding Parameter, Option, and Subnet Groups
- Understanding Horizontal vs Vertical scaling
- Understanding Auto Scaling
- Create a launch configuration
- Create an Auto Scaling group
- Understanding Various Scaling Types (Dynamic, Scheduled, Step, Target Tracking Scaling Policies)
- Setting up an auto-scaled, load-balanced Application using Autoscaling
- Introduction of the Domain-Name System
- Buying Domain names at Domain Registrars
- Creating Zones on Route53
- Creating Route53 Records (Address, CNAME, Alias)
- Creating Health Checks in Route53
- Understanding routing policies provided by AWS
- Simple Routing Policy and its Implementation
- Weighted Routing Policy and its Implementation
- Latency Routing Policy and its Implementation
- Failover Routing Policy and its Implementation
- Geolocation Routing Policy and its Implementation
- Routing Policies Use cases and When to use Which Policy
S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Introduction to AWS Object Storage
- Creating S3 Buckets and Uploading Data into them
- S3 durability and redundancy
- Various S3 Storage Types (Standard, Infrequent, One Zone)
- Configuring S3 Versioning, Logging, Encryption
- Hosting a Static Website on S3
- Implementing Lifecycle and replication for S3 Buckets
- Understanding S3 Analytics, Metrics and Inventory
- Introduction to Content Delivery Network (CDNs)
- Understanding AWS EDGE Network Locations
- Understanding CloudFront Distributions and Origins
- Implementing CDN for Websites using CloudFront
- Going through CloudFront Reports and Analytics
- CloudFront Security for S3 buckets using OAI (Origin Access Identity)
- Configuring origins and behaviors
Identity access management (IAM)
- Introduction of IAM Service
- Creating Users and Groups
- Grant Least Privilege
- Configuring a Strong Password Policy for your Users
- Enabling MFA for Privileged Users
- Granting permissions using IAM Policies
- Creating Custom Policies and Associating to Users and Groups
- Understanding Roles
- IAM Access Credentials and its usages
- AWS CLI
- Understanding DevOps tools of AWS
- Automation by Elastic Beanstalk
- Creating an Application Environment using EB
- Application versioning and Deployment
- Clean up of EB Environment
- Introduction to Cloud Formation
- Understanding Stacks and Cloud Former Tool
- Automating a Ruby on Rails Application using Cloud Formation
- Clean up of Cloud formation Environment
- Creating custom Templates using the CloudFormer Tool
- Understanding NOSQL Databases
- Creating a DynamoDB table with Sample Data
- Understanding RCU and WCU of DynamoDB Tables
- Understanding Throttling in DynamoDB
- Creating Alarms in DynamoDB
- Introduction to Glacier Storage
- Creating Vaults
- Uploading data to Vaults
- Key differences between S3 and Glacier
- Introduction to Audit logging by CloudTrail
- Creating Trials
- Storing Trial logs in S3 Buckets
- Introduction to Trusted Advisor
- Understanding Cost Optimization Tab
- Understanding Performance Tab
- Understanding Security Tab
- Understanding Fault Tolerance Tab
- Understanding Service Limits Tab
Elastic File System
- Introduction to EFS
- Creating EFS and mounting on Linux Servers
AWS Application Services for Certifications
- SQS Overview and implementing polling messages
- SWF Overview
- Introduction to Elastic Transcoder
- Introduction API Gateway
- Introduction to Kinesis and Various types of Kinesis Streams
- Introduction of Lambda
- Implementing a sample script and executing by Lambda
- AWS Direct Connect
- AWS Snowmobile
- Redshift Overview
AWS Cost Controlling Strategies
- Introduction to AWS Pricing
- Understanding AWS Pricing Models (On Demand, Reserved, Spot)
- Best Practices for Cost Optimization
AWS Well Architect Framework
- Introduction to Well Architected Framework
- Security Pillar
- Reliability Pillar
- Performance Efficiency Pillar
- Cost Optimization Pillar
- Operational Excellence Pillar